How do I get a United States work permit?
How Do I Get A United States Work Permit? There are several ways that you can obtain a United States Work Permit, and our lawyers can help you to see if you qualify. There are several categories of work permits, and each category has its own requirements. Work permit categories include through TPS, employment based visas, family based visas, political asylum, the DREAM Act, cases pending in immigration court, and many, many more.
There are many people and companies that claim that they can get you a United States work permit; however, you should never hire a non-lawyer to help you get a work permit. If you apply for a work permit without going through the proper legal channels and without following the rules, it could have severe consequences on the future of your immigration status in the United States. In order to see if you qualify for a U.S. work permit, contact our offices and make an appointment with one of our lawyers today.
If you are in removal proceedings, you are able to apply for a work permit. You can also apply for a work permit when you are adjusting your status and in the process of getting a green card through your family or through the Dream Act or through President Obama’s new executive action. The Obama Executive Action is on hold right now, but we expect to see that go into action soon. Once you get the work permit, you can apply for a social security number and a driver’s license. This process takes approximately 90 days.
Different Types of United States Work Permits-
– Temporary Protected Status (TPS):There are many countries which have been designated by the United States government as being too dangerous for its citizens to return. These countries include El Salvador, Nicaragua, Syria, Honduras, Sudan, and several more. If you are a national of these countries, you may qualify for a work permit and special visa.
– E-1 visas: If you are from a country that has a commercial treaty with the United States, and you wish to engage in international trade between the United States and your country, this visa will allow you to enter and work in the United States.
– E-2 visas: If you are from a country that has a commercial treaty with the United States, and you are investing a substantial amount of money in a United States business, this visa may be available to you.
– H1-B visas: This visa is for an someone who works in a specialty occupation, is very knowledgeable in that specific occupation, and has a professional university degree or its equivalent.
– L-1 visa: This visa allows for companies to transfer managers, executives, and specialized workers between affiliated companies. The employer must have two companies, one in the U.S. and one abroad. To qualify for this visa, you need to have worked for the company abroad for at least one year out of the last three years as an executive, supervisor, or in a specialized capacity.
– O visas: If you have extraordinary abilities or achievements in sciences, arts, education, business, athletics and artistic fields.
– P visas: If you are internationally recognized in athletics or the entertainment industry, you may be eligible for this visa.
– R visa: If you are a rabbi, priest, pastor, imam, or other type of religious worker, this visa allows you to enter the country to work in a religious occupation.
Contact us to get a United States Work Permit Today.