DAPA Executive Action

DAPA Executive Action

Who qualifies for the Deferred Action for Parental Accountability (DAPA) program/Obama Executive Action?
To qualify for DAPA, individuals must demonstrate that they:

  • Have, as of November 20, 2014, a son or daughter of any age who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
  • Have continuously resided in the United States since before January 1, 2010
  • Were physically present in the United States on November 20, 2014
  • No more than 2 Misdemeanors
  • No felony

If you apply for this Obama law, you will receive your work permit and permission to travel in and out of the United States. Give your family the best gift, go and see them today!

This is the biggest reform since President Reagan gave in the 1980’s. Legalize yourself and apply today!
The DAPA Executive Action Program (a.k.a. Dream Act for Parents)

In November 2014, President Obama announced a new law that would provide work permits, social security cards, and driver’s licenses to parents of United States citizens. The law would also apply to parents of lawful permanent resident children. In order to qualify, the parents must reside continuously in the United States since at least January 1, 2010 and must have been physically present in the United States on November 14, 2014. In addition, they must not have a conviction for a felony or “certain misdemeanors”. Similarly to the definition of the “significant misdemeanor” requirement present in DACA, “certain misdemeanor” is extremely vague and subject to interpretation.

However, as with the new requirements for DACA, certain individuals opposed Obama’s immigration law and filed a lawsuit against Obama in order to prevent the new law from taking effect. The lawsuit is still pending. As a result, no one who would otherwise be eligible to apply for the DAPA Executive Action may do so until such time as the lawsuit is resolved. If an individual tells you that they can help you apply for Obama’s immigration reform work permit right away, they are breaking the law and are deceiving you. Do not trust any notario, paralegal, or immigration service center who claims that they can help you get DAPA right away. You should only trust a California State Bar licensed immigration attorney to help you with the DAPA Executive Action Filing.