Stay of Removal

Even if I have a deportation order, can I still get a stay of removal? The answer is yes.

You can file form I-246 directly with Immigration and Customs Enforcement. If you don’t have relief in Court or you are trying to reopen your case and you are trying to avoid deportation in the meantime, file a Stay with ICE. Tell them all the reasons why you need to stay and often times they will grant a stay of removal, in order to have you live with your family while your appeals or motions or other forms of relief are pending.